The Indiana Department of Health has set up a testing and vaccination clinic near you at the Cass County Fairgrounds Building. No appointment is necessary, so come in when it’s convenient for you, but you may want to make an appointment to reserve your spot and save time by registering in advance, when available. Register for a COVID-19 test or for the vaccine. If you have already been vaccinated, please note that testing is also available at this event.
WHEN: Noon to 8 p.m. Jan. 12-15
WHERE: Cass County Fairgrounds Building 2281 E. County Road 125 North Logansport, IN 46947
Here are some facts you should know:
- The test and vaccine are available at no cost to you, but please submit your insurance information if you have it because clinics can charge an administration fee to your insurance.
- This site will offer PCR or rapid antigen COVID-19 tests. Rapid antigen tests are only available for people age 18 and younger or symptomatic individuals age 50 and older due to the limited supply. PCR tests with results in two or three days are available for everyone, regardless of age or symptoms. Testing for children age 6 months to 2 years old is available with parental assistance.
- If you live with another person who is also eligible to receive the vaccine (anyone age 5 and older), you will need to schedule two separate appointments.
- Individuals age 5-17 must receive the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccine for children 5-11 is available. An adult must accompany children ages 5-15 to the vaccine appointment. If the adult present is not the parent or guardian, consent must be submitted in advance. For anyone age 16-17 it’s preferred that a parent or guardian accompany the minor to the vaccination site. We understand this may not always be possible. In those cases, the parent or guardian can provide written or verbal authorization.
- If you are 18 or older, you may choose to receive the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines both require a second dose to be fully protected, which will be scheduled at the time of your first dose.
- Boosters are strongly recommended for those who are:
- 12 and older and completed their primary vaccination series of Pfizer at least 5 months ago.
- 18 and older and completed their primary vaccination series of Moderna at least 5 months ago or completed their primary vaccination of Johnson & Johnson at least 2 months ago.
- IU Health offers free rides to any vaccine site in the state. If you need transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in the state, call 1-888-IUHEALTH (1-888-484-3258) and choose option 9.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine at ourshot.in.gov.
A message from the Indiana Department of Health